Sunday, October 11, 2009

We Love October!

Our little pumpkin head!

"This carrier tastes gooood!"

Laughing at daddy at the wedding

What a sweet boy!

The Koch Fam

What a great fall it's been so far. Rivers has been to his first wedding and his first Fall for Greenville! Last weekend we went to Shay's cousin Rob's wedding at Lake Greenwood. It was a gorgeous outdoor wedding with absolutely perfect weather. Rivers did a great job drinking his bottle during the ceremony and met lots of family at the reception. Last night, we went to Fall for Greenville to see some friends and eat some yummy food. Rivers hung out in the baby carrier with Shay and was all the rage in his little pumpkin hat :) Next weekend we hope to go to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin and of course, get some more pictures!
Shay is working at the Shriner's Hospital from October through the end of December, and it has been the most normal schedule he's had since he started residency! We actually feel like a semi-normal family! :) He works from about 6:30 am - 6 pm with NO weeknight call and minimal weekend call. Hallelujah! It is wonderful having him around more.
On another note, I started back to work full time on October 1 and it has definitely been an adjustment. I am the luckiest mom in the world to have MY wonderful mom watch Rivers full time, so I can't complain too much. I know he is well taken care of, but I miss him terribly at work. I've started going to see him at lunch time and that helps... I guess all the working moms in the world have the same feelings.
Other random facts: we are thisclose to closing on our condo in Charleston! Yay!!! It has been on the market for 15 months and we are thrilled to finally have it sold! Also, Shay has begun applying to Sports Medicine fellowship programs across the country. He will go to interviews this winter and we will know by March where we will be going for fellowship year. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment