Friday, November 27, 2009

We Are So Thankful!

Rivers' First Thanksgiving!

The McMeekin Fam
Shay with Stardust, the Pony
Rivers and his Poppie
I'm Four Months Old!


It's been a while since my last post, so I apologize in advance if I end up posting a book!

1. And #1 on the importance list - RIVERS IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! And I'm not talking about a 5 hour stretch--I'm talking from 7 pm - 6:30 am!! It has seriously changed our lives! It's much easier to enjoy your sweet baby when you are not significantly sleep deprived :) I have no idea how it happened. After all the books and online articles I've read and advice from other mommies I've tried, he finally just decided to do it on his own. Yay Rivers!

2. At his 4 month check up last week, Rivers weighed in at almost 17 pounds (84%) and was almost 27 inches long (95%). He has now discovered his arms, and his new favorite thing to do is bang his bottle with his arm while we are feeding him. Makes for quite an entertaining meal! He also got the green light to start solid foods. So far he's just had rice cereal and a tiny bit of pureed squash at Thanksgiving. He is also in the hair and jewelry grabbing stage, so don't be surprised if you see me unadorned and in a pony tail for a while!

3. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families. We are so blessed to be so close to our parents and most of our brothers and sisters. Yesterday morning we headed to my cousin Heather's house for Thanksgiving lunch and it was SO GOOD! I look forward to that exact meal all year... After lunch, we had fun visiting Harlie's new pony, throwing the football and enjoying the sunshine. After a nice nap, we headed over to the Kochs for a delicious steak dinner with the family. It was so fun to see Rivers and Amelia together! Amelia is so cute with him and she is going to be a great big sister in just a few weeks!

More than anything this year, we are thankful for our new family. Four months ago we could have never imagined that that tiny baby would bring so much joy into our lives. It makes us appreciate our own parents in a whole new way.

4. Rivers is getting Baptised this Sunday! We are looking forward to this special day and mom and I have been busy getting everything ready this past week. We are having a small lunch for our families after chuch, and we are so glad that William and Grandmomma Hutchinson will be in town for the celebration. I'll be sure to post pictures next week.

1 comment:

  1. So glad he is finally sleeping through the night! It really does change your life! Rice cereal is so magical! :)

    ReplyDelete