Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!


That's right, today Rivers is six months old! Every day when I get that sweet angel out of his crib I wonder what new thing he is going to do. He is growing and learning at the speed of light these days. It seems like he is a different baby every day - and one that just keeps getting cuter, sweeter and more fun! In the past few weeks he has sprouted two new teeth, learned to sit by himself, roll from his tummy to his back, jump like crazy in his toys, and sit in his high chair to eat. He is such a big boy! Every once in a while it's sad thinking that his babyhood is going by so fast, but it truly is getting better and better.

He is still doing great sleeping (11+ hours a night) and has stopped taking a paci to go to bed. We put him in his crib while he's still awake, and he just drops off to sleep on his own without fussing. What an angel! It is really easy to make him laugh these days, and his favorite new thing is when I nibble on his arm like corn on the cob. He just cracks up!

We have all come a long way in six months, and Shay and I are just crazy in love with our little guy. Happy Half Birthday, Sweet Rivers!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1/2 Birthday to Rivers! I just love reading your mom's blog too! You can tell she has the best personality and is such a wonderful grandmother! That is great that she does that for you. We have to get the boys together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Half birthday! He is so cute. And from this point on, he will grow even more quickly and change so much. It is such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete