

After a loooong day yesterday of waiting for the news, we found out at 4:00 p.m. that we matched in Salt Lake City! We are thrilled!!! It was Shay's top choice and from what I've seen and heard about the city it is going to be an exciting year! Shay will do his one year Sports Medicine Surgery fellowship at the University of Utah medical program. As part of his training he'll get to take care of University of Utah athletes and probably lots of injured snow skiiers :)
We will move next summer, probably at the end of July, 2011, and stay for one year. Hopefully Shay and I will get to go out there sometime in the coming year to look at places to live, etc. When we move, we want LOTS of visitors, so go ahead and start planning a week or weekend to come visit! It is a great place to ski, but there are also lots of other fun, outdoorsy (and indoorsy) things to do. Here's a great website to check out: http://www.visitsaltlake.com/visit/
We still have over a year until we move, but this makes it more real and more exciting! I'm going to start a list of things we have to do while we're out west, so if you have any ideas of things I should add to our list, let me know!
Love you all!
laurie
Congratulations to you all! What a wonderful place to live and explore for a year. Can you belive you are already at this point?! So happy for you all :)
ReplyDelete~Beth Hollenbeck
So exciting! Will ya'll be back? I was hoping Rivers and Grafton could get to know each other and be friends as they got older! I know your mom will miss having him. Congrats to Shay too!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys. We have been skiing in Park City, Utah and it was amazing! Congratulations.
ReplyDelete