Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beach Music

Just a little over a week after we moved in to our new home in Greenville we go to spend a wonderful week here with my parents and grandpa: 


Oh how I missed the South Carolina coast! Being land locked for a year really makes you appreciate Greenville's proximity to the ocean. I was like a kid on Christmas morning once we pulled in to Charleston! And maybe, just maybe, I was excited for more than just the beach. We all know how I love to eat, and Charleston is the place to do it!
Exhibit A - tomato pie and Dixie Supply! We also had an incredible meal at FIG and stopped at some of our old favorites, the Mustard Seed and Jacks Cosmic Dogs.
 We stayed in a condo that had a pool area, and Rivers had a ball. He had lots of practice with hotel pools on our road trip, so he was ready to splash and swim!



 A tidbit I don't want to forget: Shay and my dad were throwing Rivers up high in the pool and letting him splash down and he loved  it - but not getting water in his eyes. So every time they would raise him up he would cover both eyes with his hands and say "I'm ready!" I wish I had a picture of that!
I wonder which chair is Rivers'?
 We got to spend time with Shay's grandma, GG, and my grandpa, Pa!


And we had LOTS of action on the beach. It's fun for Shay to have a little play mate on the beach now! I'm more of a read-a-magazine-and-work-on-your-tan kind of beach person, but Shay loves to be on the move. And what do you know, so does Rivers!



I found my very first starfish on the sand this year!



South Carolina, yet another reason we are glad to call you home. Here's to many more beach trips to come!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie!
    What great adventures you have had lately! Wow! Thanks for sharing, y'all look fabulous! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete