Saturday, February 7, 2009

17 Week Update


I had my 17 week appointment yesterday and everything was great! I am measuring right at 17 weeks, blood pressure and iron levels are good, and I have definitely gained some weight this month...and I am pretty sure I gained it all in the past week.

The best part of the doctor's visit was when Dr. LeBel listened for the heartbeat. She found it right away and we could hear it swoosh-swoosh-swooshing. Then we heard a "thwack" and then nothing. Dr. LeBel said "you've got a little stinker in there - when I find the heartbeat he/she kicks at me and swims away!" We were both laughing for about three minutes as she would move the doppler around looking for the heartbeat, find it, then get kicked and have to look for it again. I don't know...I think this baby is taking after its daddy already! The heartbeat was in the 150s, which is right on target for 17 weeks.

In other news, I am busy trying to get the nursery ready. We are going to post our guest room furniture on Craig's List this week and try to get the room cleared out and ready for all the baby stuff! I have been online investigating nursery options in practically all my spare time. It's so fun to look at all the nursery options! Oh, and the best part - for my early Valentine's gift Shay got us a Roomba! For those who don't know, it's a little robot that vacuums your house - it is awesome! I have been so tired and hate to do housework anyway, so little Roomba is now our new best friend. It was an awesome gift for a tired pregnant lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment