Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures in Baby Flipping


Since we found out last week that Rivers is breech, we have tried all kinds of things to flip him over on our own. So far we have tried:
  1. Yoga poses, like the one above. These include inversions, cat tilt and downward dog. Although I love yoga and used to do it regularly, I probably haven't done it in two months or so. Let me tell you, it's much harder now than it used to be!

  2. Shining a flashlight at the bottom of my belly -- the "follow the light" idea.

  3. Having Shay talk to the bottom of my belly.

  4. Putting an ice pack on my belly where Rivers' head is. Apparently babies don't like cold and he is supposed to move away from it.

  5. Using pillows to make a circle, then laying on my stomach with my belly in the "hole."

Most of these suggestions were found on the internet - I'm not that creative! I go to the doctor tomorrow morning, so we'll see if any of these have worked. They definitely made Rivers move around a LOT, but we'll see if he's in the head down and locked position :) I'll report back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment