Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One Week Old

Rivers is one week old today! We had a pediatrician's visit this morning where we found out that Rivers is a great eater -- he's not only back to his birth weight, he's above it by 6.5 oz! He is just a joy to be around. He eats well, sleeps well (except that first night at home -- wow!) and has a great disposition. Shay is an amazing daddy and has helped so much with my recovery. Rivers and I are so blessed to have him for a daddy and husband! I LOVE being a mommy, even more than I thought I would.


Here are some photos from Rivers' first week in the world!


The new Koch family







First ride in the car! On the way home from the hospital.


We're home!

3 comments:

  1. That is one precious little bundle of joy! I cannot wait to meet him!!! Laurie you look fantastic and are just beaming. Isn't motherhood the best? Did you ever think you could love someone so much? After I had Tait, I realized how much my mom must have loved me when I was born. It is such a special bond. See you soon neighbor! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! Such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update!! GEORGOUS family! Both momma and daddy look happier than ever! So good to see yall are doing well! Kiss Rivers for me!!

    ReplyDelete