
We're ending a long day right now but its but been full of excitement. This is Shay updating the blog. We started off last night at about 8pm with a cervical softner. By about 1AM contractions started and were coming fairly quickly. After losing the feeling in my hand and providing new fingernail marks in the bed rail, the epidural was placed. Everything was going well and later that morning we began pushing but little Rivers was having some trouble. After an hour of pushing, we rushed back for an emergent C - section in a whirl.
Rivers was born at 11:51 a.m.. He weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21 in. long. And as you can hopefully see was born beautiful with a head full of hair. Laurie went through quite alot, but has been a real trooper. I've never been so scared though in my life. Now, we're doing well, breastfeeding seems to be going well. We've had a little bit of family come by which has been good. I think tomorrow a few more people may stop in. We're going to go slow though. Thank you for all your prayers. Please also keep our friends Fran and DJ in your prayers as well. Their baby boy Charlie has had a rough start.

He is beautiful!! I'm so happy that he's finally here. Shay looks like a very proud daddy, and I know Laurie you are on top of the world. Congratulations to both of you! Can't wait to meet Rivers!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet that little guy!
ReplyDeleteShay, I hope you've regained feeling in your hand! :) I can't wait to see y'all and meet Rivers - he is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He is beautiful! I am so glad that mom and baby are ok since it was a rough delivery. I don't think we're too far behind ya'll! Can't wait for our boys to meet!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lacey and Gray
Shay and Laurie, we are so happy for you and baby Rivers. Congrats to you and all your family! He is absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Can't wait to meet him! You are in our prayers and we are so happy for you.
ReplyDelete