Sunday, April 5, 2009

26 Weeks - Spring is Here!





We have been enjoying some absolutely gorgeous weather this weekend, so I wanted to show off some pictures of our yard. Shay is a great landscaper, and has been working hard to get our grass and general yard area looking good. The puppies have also been loving the yard and the warm weather, and especially the marathon walk (ok, 3 miles) we took yesterday in the park. They always generate a lot of attention - kids always love seeing a "weenie dog" and when there is more than one, it just blows their minds!

As far as baby news, I am 26 weeks which means baby Koch is about 2 pounds and about 13 inches, the length of a hot house cucumber. (Sometimes I wonder where they come up with these vegetables...) My next doctor's appointment is in two weeks, and they will do all the usual measuring, listen for the heart beat, and I have to take my glucose tolerance test. I've been told this means I drink a really sugary drink (like a flat orange soda with a lot of extra syrup) then wait one hour and have my blood drawn and tested. It tests for gestational diabetes, so cross your fingers that my numbers will be normal.

Also in two weeks is my brother's wedding! We are so excited for Jon and Whitney, and I know the wedding will be beautiful and FUN! For those of us who have been around the wedding circuit more times than we can count, we know that a reception with The Mighty Kicks is always a good time :) I can't wait to post some pictures from the big event. Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, you look so adorable! I loved the story about the waffle and cheese - sick! haha, don't you love being pregnant?

    ReplyDelete