Sunday, May 31, 2009

34 Weeks

Can you believe there are less than 40 days until Rivers is here?! I'm so excited!! This week has been great. I had my final baby shower, hosted by my sweet aunts and amazing cousin, and it was wonderful! We had family and friends from all over attend - Shay's grandma came from Camden, and his aunt Donna and cousin Katie even came all the way from Charleston! And, the Rice Family was so sweet to come even though they have a wedding in less than a week! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends and I can't wait for baby Rivers to meet everyone.

Here are some pics from the shower - notice the curly hair! I happened to have my haircut appointment yesterday morning and she offered to curl my hair for the party. As most of you know, this is a very rare occurrence with my stick straight hair, so yes, it is me in these pictures :)


Aunt Cindy, Heather, Me and Aunt Jan, the Fabulous Hostesses!

I thought this was so cute - since I'm allergic to roses my corsage was made with little baby socks rolled up to look like rosebuds!

Rivers should weigh almost 5 pounds by now (believe me, my stomach certainly feels like he weighs 5 pounds!) and he should be about 18-20 inches long. About the size of a canteloupe. He is now filling out his skin with fat and working on developing his lungs - what a busy baby! My book also says that his fingernails have reached the end of his fingers by now! I can't wait to see those tiny little fingers!!

This week Shay and I have our "Caring for Baby" class that teaches about bathing, diapering, and all that other good stuff we need to know, and on Saturday we have our big childbirth class. So I'm sure we will be experts in baby care by the end of next week. Ha!

I'm feeling pretty good - definitely am getting more tired and you would not believe the size of my feet and ankles! I've definitely got some "cankles" kicking over here :) I even had to wear flip flops to work one day this week because none of my shoes fit! And you all know how I feel about my shoes! I have been working on keeping them elevated for most of the day and am using every old wives' tale in the book to keep the swelling down. But I guess if swollen ankles are my only complaint I'm doing pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laurie! I just love your blog! I am trying to learn how blogging works so I can start one for our little man when he arrives. Let me know how the "Caring for Baby" class goes. Gray and I already did the Childbirth one and I've done Infant CPR and Breastfeeding. I know, I probably overdid it, but I want to feel prepared and knowledgeable! We can't wait to meet Rivers and I hope and I not far behind you!
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete